Pessaries of certain brands come powdered with food-grade powder and must be cleaned appropriately:
Some manufacturers of Pessary dust their products with food-grade powders. When you receive a Pessary, it may be from one of such manufacturers. The instruction guide is supplied along with the product on how to use it. In case if you can't locate the cleaning instructions, here is a brief instruction to a clean Pessary that comes powdered:
- 1. Prepare a cleaning solution by mixing a mild soap (such as Dawn or equivalent) with tap water using the soap’s manufacturer’s recommended concentration. Prepare this solution in a container large enough to fully submerge the device.
- Soak the device in the container of prepared soap solution for a minimum of 5 minutes.cus
- Following the 5-minute soak period, scrub the device for a minimum of 15 seconds with a soft-bristled brush, such as a toothbrush and/or pipe brush. Scrub device below water line to prevent aerosolization of contaminants.
- Following scrub, inspect device for visible soil residue.
- Remove the device from the soap solution and thoroughly rinse under flowing tap water for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Allow the device to dry.